Updated November 4, 2017 by Grant
Here I like to write, talk about, and share information about Windows. It's my hobby and online home, but I hope that some of the content can interest fellow Windows enthusiasts, or even help newcomers to Windows.
Also, since about 2010, I've had an interest in phone customization, and over the years I've compiled custom ROM lists for the Samsung Galaxy Note series of smartphones - to do my part for fellow forum community members over at XDA Developers.
A custom ROM for a smartphone is a customized version of the smartphone's operating system, which you can develop, make and share with other people - for them to install and use on their own same model smartphones.
The Computer, Windows, and App articles here are written for Windows 10 users, and as I mentioned - especially beginners.
An example of some of the content here:
- Security - Windows 8 and Windows 10 come with Windows Defender. However, if you'd like to try a different security app for Windows, see the Free Security Apps page.
- Second Opinion Anti-Malware - For an extra layer of protection against malware, check out the Second Opinion Anti-Malware Apps page.
- Performance - If your Windows device is running slowly or strangely, try the tips on the Windows 10 Maintenance page or Computer Maintenance page.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - You can learn more about Windows, and quicker ways to get things done, with the Keyboard Shortcuts page.
- Windows 10 free upgrade - Don't forget that Microsoft's free Windows 10 upgrade offer is still available for those who are using or foresee themselves using 'assistive technologies', although this offer is due to end on December 31, 2017.
Any apps on this site are recommended from their reputation and user experience.
The search function is being developed, and I keep an eye on what people are interested in.
I haven't forgotten that most people have a computer, love their own setups and can do their own thing.
I deleted my Social Media accounts, so those buttons no longer appear on this site.
At the end of the day, I'm a guy who likes computers and uses Windows, and I like to learn equally as much as I like to share. So feel free to comment, or leave a suggestion and opinion here and there.
Finally.. thanks for visiting.