Updated June 16, 2017 by Grant Barker
Here I share my interest in computers, Windows and Android.
Until recently, there were 2 sites. This one listing up-to-date custom ROMs for Galaxy Note series phone enthusiasts, and another site offering computer info for newcomers to Windows and PCs. I decided to put both sites together. Because of this, you might notice a different layout with the Android pages - which are currently being updated.
A smartphone's custom ROM is like a customized version of a smartphone's operating system, which you can develop, make and share with other people - for them to install and use on their smartphones.
I'm curious about the next Samsung Galaxy Note when it's released, so if I get one, I'll be sure to support it and keep up-to-date custom ROM lists for that phone, too.
The Computer, Windows, and App articles are written for Windows® users, and especially beginners.
- Security: Windows 8 and 10 come with Windows Defender. However, if you'd like to try a different security app for Windows, see the Free Security Apps page.
- Performance: If your Windows device is running slowly or strangely, try the tips on the Windows 10 Maintenance page or Computer Maintenance page.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: You can learn more about Windows, and quicker ways to get things done, with the Keyboard Shortcuts page.
- Accessibility: If you have particular accessibility needs, knowledge or experience, why not share information with others on the Computer Accessibility information page.
- Windows 10 free upgrade: Don't forget that Microsoft's free Windows 10 upgrade offer is still available for those who are using or foresee themselves using 'assistive technologies'.
Any apps on this site are recommended from their reputation, and user experience.
Of course most people have a computer, and many of them love their own setups and can do their own thing.
Forgive me for prefering older-school icons. Although stock photos are more modern - I really can't get into them.
The search function is being developed, and I keep an eye on what people are searching for - whether it's listed or not.
If you're a frequent visitor for the ROM lists, or you'd just like to show your support, please use the Like buttons.
Thanks for visiting, and feel free to contact me.