Updated March 10, 2017 by Grant Barker
GrantBarker.com is my online home. It's not a full-time endevour, but rather my personal blog and contact base - which shares my passion for computers.
I used to have a couple of sites, one listing up-to-date custom ROMs for Galaxy Note series phone enthusiasts, and the other offering computer info for newcomers to Windows and PCs. A custom ROM is like a customized version of the phone's operating system, which you can develop, make and share with other people - for them to install and use on their phones.
I decided to put both websites together. You might notice the difference in page style in different sections.
If you're interested in any of the articles or content, feel free to leave a comment or contact me.
The Android app screenshot pages go back a long time, so I've kept them mostly for reference, but I'll add some new apps if I find anything of particular interest.
I'm curious about the next Samsung Galaxy Note, and the soon-to-be-released Samsung Galaxy S8, so if I get one of those devices, I'll be sure to support it and keep up-to-date custom ROM lists for that phone, too.
The computer sections and computer pages here aim to offer fun and practical info to help or interest computer users - especially newcomers to Windows®.
If you're new to Windows®, you might appreciate some of the information offered.
- Security: Windows 8 and 10 come with Windows Defender. However, if you'd like to try a different security app for Windows, see the Free Security Apps page.
- Performance: If your Windows device is running slowly or strangely, try the tips on the Windows 10 Maintenance page or Computer Maintenance page.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: You can learn more about Windows, and quicker ways to get things done, with the Keyboard Shortcuts page.
- Accessibility: If you have particular accessibility needs, knowledge or experience, why not share information with others on the Computer Accessibility information page.
- Windows 10 free upgrade: Don't forget that Microsoft's free Windows 10 upgrade offer is still available for those who are using or foresee themselves using 'assistive technologies'.
Any apps on this site are recommended from reputation and experience, and I'm not paid to talk about or suggest anything. In fact there are no affiliate links here at all.
Of course most people have a computer, and many of them love their own setups and can do their own thing.
If you'd like to write any content for this site, let me know.
I'm rather old school when it comes to design, so forgive the icons and site style. Although stock photos are considered more modern nowadays, I really can't get into them.
The search function is being developed by me, so please let me know of any items you expected to find, but couldn't.
Finally, thanks for visiting, and feel free to get in touch to say hi, or if you'd like to work with me in some way.